A current pic of some of my stickers. A shout out to http://busjunkies.com/shop/bus-junkies-4-pack-sticker-combo/ for their stickers! ya!
YEAH! She starts! Pep Boys is having a 25% off sale on online orders, so I ordered a Bosch 65-850b, took in the core to the store, picked up the new one, put it in after doing some cleaning and she starts right up! I have my Cikán Vůz Back!
Well, ever since her tranny was rebuilt, I have been unable to get the backup lights to work so yesterday I re-did all teh wiring and finally, they work again. I also put the battery charger on her all day and night, work to a fully charged battery and went to see how she started up. If was a very slow cranking, but she did start. Still, the battery did not act fully charged so she will be getting a new battery come next month.
In the mean time, I will work on finding a place for the aftermarket horn utton and wiring in the horn. I found a vintage car alarm and will work on that too, but I will have to buy more wiring probably, so that will probably wait too.
And, I have to install teh cyl head temp guage and run that wiring, but I do not think it is long enough to put where I want and hte instructions say not to splice the wires so that is a puzzle to occupy my mind as I row away on my Concept 2.
We made it to Buses By The Bridge XIX! Had battery issue, nothing that Jeremy and the gang couldn't fix by push starting her every stop... ;) (Will be fixing that today...) Anyways, here is a video of the roll home as well as pic of the stay.
Well, it was a puzzle since no directions, but I got the roof rack assembled adjusted and installed today. Her new axles should be here any minute now but I discovered today 3 bolt badly buggered up.... might need new ones but I will not know for sure until I start putting her back together. If good to go though, just need to put newly painted hubcaps back on, lower her, pack and go!
oh, pics of her new axles.....
SO, yesterday I went to rotate the tires. I found when they put her new tires on, they boogered up a lug nut. I finally got it so the socket would fit and it was seized on. I literally used a 1 inch breacker bar with a 8 ft persuader pole on it and it would not budge. SO, I took it to the tire shop to let them do it. As I began driving I noticed so weird clunk clunk clunk, got worse when I slowed down. shop was only 2 miles from home so I rolled home and jacked it up, spun each tire; nada all the way around when just spinning them round ( but did tighten the passenger side bearing) .. all I can think is a lug bolt is too long and was put into a spot that it was not before so it is hitting the brake workings so now I get the fun of replacing lug bolts with new, proper length ones until I find the wrong one.... plus some of the bolts are 17mm and not 19mm. Given I have had her nearly 2 year, ya would thought I would have found all the aweshits the PO made... Found out the new owner of Joe's Offroad closed down .... Luckily I was able to get a hold of Jeremy and he has tons of the bolts, so I can go get some from him tomorrow.
I also got the base paint on the rack finished today.
The day before, I also tackled things since my deep tissue burns to my hand and fingers are healing up so I was finally able to do some work on her and get her ready for Buses by the Bridge.
Adjusted her values, oil change, heaters working, tires rotated, 3rd Cyl Head temp gauge installed, alr filters cleaned, fuel filter changed, still need to re-wire back up light with better wiring and install a new battery (or carry charger till I can)
The Blue Hag
Just a crazy older gal, making ready for when my nest is empty and I can go see the world, camping and rest-stopping on the way to be able to live simply and afford ably..